Some people think that knowing about what goes on inside the human body can sap life of its mystery—which is too bad for them. Anybody who's ever taken a peak under the hood knows that the human body, and all its various structures and functions, is a realm of awe-inspiring complexity and countless wonders. The dizzying dance of molecule, cell, tissue, organ, muscle, sinew, and bone that we call life can be a thing of breathtaking beauty and humbling perfection.
Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies combines anatomical terminology and function so you'll learn not only names and terms but also gain an understanding of how the human body works. Whether you're a student, an aspiring medical, healthcare or fitness professional, or just someone who's curious about the human body and how it works, this book offers you a fun, easy way to get a handle on the basics of anatomy and physiology.
- Understand the meaning of terms in anatomy and physiology
- Get to know the body's anatomical structures—from head to toe
- Explore the body's systems and how they interact to keep us alive
- Gain insight into how the structures and systems function in sickness and health
Written in plain English and packed with beautiful illustrations, Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies is your guide to a fantastic voyage of the human body.
From the Back Cover
- Explore the body's inner workings
- Understand the body's structures and systems
- Grasp anatomical terminology
Take a fantastic voyage through the human body
Ready to find out what makes you tick? This book is a fun, easy way to get a handle on anatomy and physiology. It introduces you to the different cells, tissues, and organs of the human bodyexplaining what they do and how they work together. Whether you're a student, an aspiring MD, a fitness professional, or you're just curious about your body's parts and processes, this beautifully illustrated guide is a great place to start.
- Scientific terminology made easy
- The anatomical structures and organization of the human body
- Bodily functions, from the senses to reproduction
- Components of the body's systems and how theyinteract
- How the body develops, repairs itself, and is affected by disease