This book is great in terms of the train of thoughts and reasoning that is able to trigger and it's very valuable in its long term and historical point of view on media and content diffusion in the modern age.
The book is massively interesting on 2 fronts
1) Raising awareness on the impact of new media (television being the new media at the time Postman was writing) on communication, content and cognition
2) Analyzing the long term, major impact of new medias effects on political, social and cultural trends.
Even if the book was written before the entire internet revolution happened it's still very current and the trends and consequences identified by Postman are still in full force and effect in 2014.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group; 20 Anv edition (27 December 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 014303653X
- ISBN-13: 978-0143036531
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 13 x 19.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 90.7 g
- Customer Reviews:
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 53,843 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)