- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 8.4 x 24.1 cm ; 544 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 680 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Item Model Number: DCC
- ASIN: B01NBNF1DH
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 18 June 2018
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
22,514 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- #1495 in Men's Wrist Watches
American Lifetime [Newest Version] Day Clock - Extra Large Impaired Vision Digital Clock with Battery Backup & 5 Alarm Options (Black)
- ✔ KEY FEATURES - This unique 8" High Resolution Digital Alarm Clock clearly spells out the time, period of the day, full day of the week, month and date in large, clear letters - with no confusing abbreviations.
- ✔ UNIQUE FUNCTIONS - The DayClock by American Lifetime is the only one of its kind to include a set of multi-function alarms. Set up to 5 daily alarms, with the option of reminders to take medications throughout the day. This DayClock also has a BATTERY BACKUP in case of a power outage, it will be reset to the correct time and date when the power returns.
- ✔ WARRANTY - At American Lifetime we offer a 1-year Unlimited Warranty on all of our products. You can also return the product for free for the first 30 days, no questions asked. Our Customer Service team is here for you and happy to help answer ANY questions you may have. Just copy-paste this link into your browser: http://amzn.to/29Etuzk
- ✔ MAKES FOR A PERFECT GIFT - The words Dementia, Alzheimer's and Memory Loss are intentionally excluded from the packaging, making it a great gift. ➡ 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We stand behind the durability of our goods and offer an unconditional guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our products, we will refund your money no questions asked.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
When purchasing it I didn't notice any extensive reviews on this item so I figured I would test my writing skills and give this a shot:
* You can place the Day Clock on a table using the pull out stand, or you can hang it on a wall using the dedicated hole in the back.
* Alarm frequency options: 1) Once 2) Everyday 3) Weekdays 4) Weekends.
* You can also set 5 separate alarms, and choose to include a medication message. When the the alarm rings you can let it ring for 50 seconds and then it'll turn off automatically, or press any of button to turn off. The alarm is pretty loud, enough for me to hear it from a different room.
* When you open the settings menu these are the things that you can customize: 1) Set Time 2) Set Date 3) Time Mode 4) Date Mode 5) Language 6) Show Period Of The Day 7) Auto Dimming 8) Hourly Chime 9) Color Mode 10) Alarm Frequency 11) First Alarm 12) Second Alarm 13) Third Alarm 14) Fourth Alarm 15) Fifth Alarm.
* You can choose one of these 3 options for the clock’s interface: 1) day of the week, time, date, period of the day (morning, afternoon, night, etc.) 2) day of the week, time, date, (no period of the day) 3) show only "Now It's Monday Morning", "Now It's Thursday Evening" etc.
* An interesting option that the clock has is to change the lettering to a matte yellow instead of the brighter white.
* Optional night dimming: the clock comes preset to automatically dim the screen every night from 7pm-7am, so that the brightness doesn't disturb your sleep, this option can be turned off.
* Choose between regular time format and 24 hour time format (military time). Date format options: month/day/year (U.S) or day/month/year (European style).
* The clock switches between 5 periods of the day: Morning 5:00am until 11:59am, Afternoon 12:00pm until 4:59pm, Evening 5:00pm until 7:59pm, Night 8:00pm until 11:59pm and Before Dawn 12:00am until 3:59am.
* There are 5 different medication reminders messages that you can choose from, they vary according to the time of the day (Take Your Medication, Take Your Morning Medication, etc.).
* The optional hourly chime rings on the hour for 8 seconds and you can choose from the following settings: 1) 9am-6pm 2) 24 hours 3) Do not ring.
* The Day Clock comes standard in English, but also has the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Polish or Welsh.
* The width of the Day Clock is 8 1/2 inches wide, the height is 7 inches, and the thickness is 1. The size of the day lettering is 1 inch tall and 0.5 inch wide, the size of the time lettering is 1.5 inches tall and 0.75 inches wide.
* Packaging was really nice, if you're gifting this it will make an impression. I didn't notice any dementia or Alzheimer's wording in the packaging.
* Comes with a 2 year warranty.
* Clarity of the screen. This is the strongest feature of this clock, and it's what made me fall in love with it. The white letters are really sharp, which allows the information to be seen easily from across the room
* Ease of use. This is a true Plug 'N Play Product, it worked straight out of the box.
* U.S based customer service and warranty.
* Price. At $49 this clock isn't cheap. I actually emailed the brand’s customer support about this, as it's double the price of a regular alarm clock, and they replied that the higher cost is due to the high quality screen component adding to the cost of manufacture. Fair enough, and I do hope they develop a way to manufacture it for less, maybe a cheaper version with a lesser quality screen might be something to consider.
If you are not happy with the default display settings, this clock is also highly customizable, much more so than any other clock I have ever owned. In the menu, you have the option of choosing the time format (12 hr or 24 hr), changing the date format (reording month/day/year), and toggling the period of the day on or off.
Among the other settings are an auto dimmer, an hourly chime, and a color toggle (you can choose between a yellow or white display). This clock also supports up to five daily alarms, each of which supports a customizable message, which seems pretty cool, but I usually just use my cell phone for setting alarms, so I didn't have an opportunity to mess around with the alarm features on this clock.
But ultimately, the reason I purchased a clock in the first place was so that I would know what time it was, and unfortunately this clock runs really fast compared to all of the other clocks that I have in my house. I've only had this clock for about a month, and it's already almost 2 minutes ahead of all my other clocks. By the time I noticed how much time the clock was gaining, I was already outside of the 30 day return window that Amazon offers, so I tried contacting American Lifetime about my problem. However, they said that since I purchased this product from Amazon Warehouse Deals, I was not eligible for their 1 year warranty.
So as much as I love this clock, it unfortunately does not fulfill its intended functional purpose, and for that reason I have to give it a low rating.
Large, easy to read display.
Would probably be a Godsend for seniors.
Nice finish. Feels sturdy.
Has a nice integrated tabletop stand.
Alarm messages are not really customizable. You really only have options of "take morning meds,afternoon meds, evening meds, or nothing".
Can be wall hung, but the controls are on the very back so you would have to take the clock down off wall to change any setting, or stop alarm.
Alarms are not very loud. It's just loud enough for you to think to yourself "what is making that noise??"
I got this for my 8 yr old son, because he often gets lost in his video games and does not have any concept of time. I was hoping we could customize the alarm display to "get ready for bed, get ready for football practice, brush your teeth, etc" but the alarm display only allows you to choose between 3 or 4 preset "take your meds" messages.
It is built well, and the display is easy to read and the controls are pretty easy to use. It has a USB port on the back side, but it's not mentioned anywhere I could find in the manual. I suppose it is for a future upgrade or firmware, but that's only a guess.
Overall, I give it 3 stars because it's a good product. I deducted a star for lack of message options, and one star because it really needs to include a remote control or a button on the front to stop/cancel alarms. If it included those 2 options, it would be an easy 5-star product.