Amazon Echo Spot - Smart Alarm Clock with Alexa - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Echo Spot is designed to fit anywhere in your home. Use 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch video flash briefings, see weather forecasts, make to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Just ask to play a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music Unlimited. Also, stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn and iHeartRadio. Services may require subscriptions or other fees.
- Use the built-in speaker or connect to speakers through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Control your compatible smart home devices. Ask Alexa to turn on your lights, show baby monitors and control your thermostats and TV.
- Make hands-free video calls with Skype, Alexa app or another Echo device with a screen. Voice-call or message anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App, instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with an Echo.
- With thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features. Just ask Alexa to make a restaurant booking on Dimmi, request an Uber, order a pizza and more.
Home Security from Amazon
Combine Ring with Alexa for hands-free home monitoring. When anyone presses your Doorbell or triggers Ring’s built-in motion sensors, your Echo device will illuminate and make an announcement, so you can see, hear and speak to people on your property right from your Echo Show device.
Echo Spot provides hands-free voice control for your music. Watch as the display comes alive to show custom stations, curated playlists and album art with Amazon Music Unlimited. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs and more.
Echo Spot also connects to Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn and iHeartRadio - giving you voice control for your music. Echo Spot is Bluetooth-enabled so you can also stream from your phone or tablet.
With Echo Spot, you can talk to almost anyone hands-free—no tapping or searching required. Use the Drop In feature when you want to connect with compatible Echo devices in your home. For example, you can ask someone for help with a chore, or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice. Making calls with Alexa is easy. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Additionally, you can send messages via voice to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App. Learn More Plus, now with Skype calling stay in touch with friends and family in over 150 countries.
For news and information you can see and hear, just ask Alexa for your video flash briefing from Sky news, TVNZ's 1news, Fox Sports and more. Curious about the latest movie trailers or showtimes? Just ask.
Echo Spot helps keep you organised at home. Start a timer in the kitchen and watch as it counts down, or easily see and manage your calendar. Sign in to the Alexa App to take your to-do and shopping lists with you. Just add an item to the list from home and whoever is out shopping will see it added instantly on their Alexa App.
Echo Spot is always getting smarter-the more you use Echo Spot, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences. With thousands of skills and counting, Alexa can order a pizza from Domino's, request a ride from Uber, plan your commute with NextThere, control your TV with Logitech Harmony and more. To enable new skills, just ask Alexa.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. Discover and enable skills
Echo Spot is small and compact and fits easily into any room of your home. The compact size and viewing angle of the screen make Echo Spot ideal for use on a bedside table or desk as a smart alarm clock that can also turn your compatible lights on and off, show your commute time, get the weather, or show your calendar. Or use Echo Spot in the kitchen to easily set and see timers, call friends and family, see shopping and to do lists and more.
Echo Spot can connect directly to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable or Bluetooth to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room. Plus, with multi-room music, play your favourites throughout your home across multiple Echo devices (Bluetooth not supported for multi-room music). Learn more
Simple to Set Up & Use
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The lack of user identification represents a serious flaw in this device, and I would have picked Google Home in a heartbeat, even without the screen. I've contacted Amazon asking for a definitive date by which they would provide these tools to Australians, and they're meant to respond in 12 hours. If it's anything longer than September as a guaranteed date, I'm taking this thing back to JB Hi-Fi this weekend and switching to Google Home.
I use it as a bedside clock, I previously had a Dot for this purpose but I find this is heaps better because of the visual. Weather isn’t just spoken, it’s shown. Heaps better speaker than the dot as well. I can also see our arlo’s on the screen which is great if you hear something go bump in the night. I wish there was more integration with the Ring doorbell.
Other than that, I haven’t found many more uses. I can see the potential for this and I think amazon is really working on making it better. We need some more Australian skills and that to make this device a worthwhile purchase. Hopefully the Show is released here too.
The touch screen was a real bonus, as initially I was unaware of it being touch screen.
Some areas of the device do not utilise touch screen yet, but I am sure this will be addressed in the future.
Overall, a pretty decent device.
Just be aware it has a pretty chunky Power Adaptor and this may interfere with other devices you want to plug in to the same outlet.
It would get five stars, if you could turn off the 'things to try ads' which shows every time you do any action with it.