As I embark on a new role within my current company, I found great insight and motivation through Bill Wooditch’s words and experiences.
The “Resistance Checkpoints” and “Action Steps” were key as they turned the questions to me, the reader. They allowed each person to identify his/her own struggles and obstacles. Further, they helped to identify how one may break through them and move forward.
A few lines that truly resonated with me were:
• “Originality gains attention because it’s different, and it makes a difference because it’s original.” This spoke to me as I draw from my background in education each day—it is those skills that I learned while teaching which will help me in sales—by providing a different and unique style. It is okay not to fit a typical, sales mold.
• “The game of sales is about field position and maintaining momentum, moving forward, knowing with to go deep and when to play for first downs.” This is a valuable lesson for a newbie in sales—celebrate every victory, not matter big or small.
• “My imagination can create quite the impressive mountain range to overcome, but my disciplined will can reduce it to insignificance.” This is an important lesson to be reminded of today and on those days when things may seem daunting.
Definitely a great read…and motivational resource after a tough day!
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 906 KB
- Print Length: 174 pages
- Publisher: Indie Books International (10 December 2015)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01995HLRQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 7 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,365,285 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)