Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. I did not purchase the boots on Amazon.
2. I purchased these boots at about 1/3 of the going rate. I think these boots would be reasonably priced around $80.
3. I purchased the boots in brown.
4. I wear an 11, but ordered up a full size and purchased a 12. Altra is consistently poor in the sizing area, so I wasn't taking any chances. The full size was a good move. I might've been able to go a half size up, but a full size works. Try ordering 1/2 a size up if returnable.
5. The leather is very stiff, but it looks nice and seems to be pretty durable. Overall the shoes didn't really require break-in and didn't have any hot spots.
6. The sole is stiffer than I am used to for Altra's, but this is a casual wear shoe and not a running shoe. The sole still provides good comfort, but just different from my previous Altra experiences (including the Desert Boots). This is definitely not a tennis shoe foot-bed, so different comfort is to be expected. I am not on my feet all day, but I walk anywhere from 2500 to 5000 steps a day. I'd be willing to take a chance on these in a scenario where I am on my feet all day. I am hopeful that these soles will have greater longevity than the Desert boots.
7. As with all Altra's this is a zero drop shoe with a foot shaped toe-box. The toe-box can give the shoes a clownish look, but it's more tolerable than other zero drop shoes I've worn.
8. The shoes look good with jeans or with Khaki's. They're a nice mix of casual and dress.
9. The shoes are heavier than my other Altra's, but that is to be expected. These are a premium leather boot.
10. I generally don't put leather protection on my shoes/boots, but I would think these boots would do well with protection applied.
11. I wore these shoes for 5 days straight for work in varying outfits and with varying levels of sitting/standing/walking. The shoes were comfortable, stylish and versatile.
These are a good quality boot for those looking for a zero-drop platform (which you don't have a ton of options). Comfort is expected from any shoe produced by a 'running shoe' company. These shoes are comfortable, but over-priced (in my opinion). If you can get them around $80, then they are a decent purchase worth the money.
UPDATE: The boot has some weird buckling or bunching of the leather on the exterior ankle/heel area...no complaints, just an observation. Also, to another reviewers observation, they could use more eyelets for the laces.
Those things aside these have been great boots thus far. Love the wide toe room which is a large part of why I purchased. They do require some breaking in as all leather boots do, but get more comfortable to wear and put on/off quickly.
Another thing worth noting is that I treated these with Sno Seal (beeswax) which can somewhat see in the picture.