A well researched and well written exploration of the history and mystery of numbers and, to some extent, mathematics.
For me a little too much about the gambling facets of chance, but this is a minor matter amid the wealth of other information. Historical details are cleverly integrated with contemporary thinking, and the surprise inclusion of some highly relevant crochet patterns emphasize the extraordinary scope of this work
Recommended for anyone with an interest in this fascinating field which governs so much of our civilization.
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC; 1 edition (4 April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1408809591
- ISBN-13: 978-1408809594
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.7 x 3.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 322 g
- Customer Reviews: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,100 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)