I'm a bit behind in the Legends of the First Empire series but I finally got to Age Of War. I couldn't quite recall what happened in book 2 but it soon came back to me. Most of book 3 revolves around...you guessed it, the start of the war with the Fhrey. Michael weaves his magic once again to bring to life the story of what is Hadrian and Royce's history. Which makes good the saying that history is written by the vicotrs.
There was a goodly amount of character development but the more I read, the more I really began to dislike Nyphron. He is tricksy and very manipulative of basically everyone around him. I think Suri has grown the most of all the characters. But as will much of Joss Whedon and GOT characters, one has to learn to get get too attached to folk.
A good read. And while I was reading it, the next book arrived into my kindle.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 16 hours and 47 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Recorded Books
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 3 July 2018
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B074F9FHQT
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 10,736 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)