- Hardcover: 148 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 1st ed. 2019 edition (7 August 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9811378061
- ISBN-13: 978-9811378065
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Affective Governmentality: Neoliberal Education Advertisements in Singapore Hardcover – 7 Aug 2019
|New from||Used from|
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
From the Back Cover
About the Author
Andrew Pereira is a researcher at the Nanyang Technological University’s (NTU) National Institute of Education. His research interests include educational sociology, discourse studies, multimodality, and youth purpose. The central focus of his research delves into the political economy of education considering neoliberal philosophies and policies. Aiming to investigate ideology, he employs a variety of method including discourse, multimodal, and systemic functional grammatical analysis; architectural studies; literary criticism; and film theory. He has also taught in secondary schools and junior colleges in Singapore, He has published in journals like Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics and Pedagogies: An International Journal. In 2012, he was awarded the Nanyang Technological University Research Scholarship, where he obtained his Ph.D in English Studies from the National Institute of Education. In 2014, he won the Best Paper Award at the APERA Conference held in Hong Kong.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|