Are you tired of doing church and ready to experience being the Church?
For many pastors and church leaders, ministry is an exhausting, frustrating, and even fruitless endeavor. Driven by programs and cultural trends, churches are competing to stay relevant and effective in a hostile world. What if there were a better way—a way of rest and of power—the way of abiding?
Nate Sweeney, Directional Leader of Catalyst Church in Bentonville, Arkansas, and Founder and Directional Leader of the Abiding Network, writes from his experience of leading a church through the transformations needed to become a true Abiding Church. Nate’s passion is to see people come to Christ and live in relationship with Him. To that end, he assists church leaders and planters in creating an environment of true discipleship.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to evaluate your own walk and begin habits of abiding
- How your church can start looking to Christ instead of the pastor to meet its needs
- How to move past conforming to standards and into transformation of lives
- How to redefine church growth and health on biblical grounds
- How to create a focused, God-honoring blueprint for your life and ministry
Plus, application-focused workbook sections will help you develop concrete steps to put the abiding principles to work for your individual and local church needs.
If you are ready to move beyond church growth strategies to the greater call of a spiritually growing church, The Abiding Church will give you an inspiring look at the joy and fruitfulness of a gospel-centered, disciple-making fellowship that lives and thrives in Christ.