ASUS Chromebooks Silver 4-10.99 inches
|Price:||+ $20.59 Delivery|
- The flexible 360 degree hinge and 10.1 inch WXGA (1280 x 800) touchscreen lets you use the C101PA in tablet, stand, or laptop mode
- Lightweight at 2 pounds and .6 inches thick with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body and the newest USB Type-C connectivity
- Work online or offline and starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 9 hours; Webcam: HD Web Camera
- Rockchip RK3399 Quad-Core 2.0 GHz processor for fast performance with 32GB of storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time (*Internet connection is required).Battery:2 Cells 38 Whrs Polymer Battery
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
Amazon Global Store
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA
Features At-a-glance :
- The flexible 360 degree hinge and 10.1 inch WXGA (1280 x 800) touchscreen
- Lightweight at 2 pounds and .6 inches thick with aluminum metal body
- Google Play Store Ready to run Android apps - Access to the Chrome Web Store apps
- Work online or offline and starts up in seconds, and long battery life rated up to 9 hours.
- Rockchip RK3399 Quad-Core 2.0 GHz processor for fast performance
- 32GB of storage and 4GB RAM memory
- The newest USB Type-C connectivity
What’s In the Box :
ASUS Chromebook Flip C101, AC Adapter and charging cable, User Manual, Warranty Card.
Everything in a Chromebook.
One Device, Four Ways to Use It.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA, a touchscreen Chromebook featuring a 360-degree hinge that enables it to function in a variety of modes. From note taking in class to sharing videos with friends at a local coffee shop to pulling all-nighters, the ASUS Chromebook C101PA lets you communicate, share and play in a variety of ways, switch between: Notebook | Tablet | Stand | Tent modes.
One Device, Four Ways to Use It
Do anything with Google Store APPs
With millions of apps just a click away in the Chrome Web Store and Google Play Store, experience more games, media controls and more than ever before with ASUS Chromebook C101PA. Built-in access to your favorite Google apps such as Gmail, Drive and YouTube get connected as soon as you power on the machine. Even without an internet connection, you can still enjoy the best of Google with hundreds of offline apps. With the C101PA you can experience all the great Google and Android apps in a compact and sleek package.
Super thin and lightweight
At just .6 thin and weighing a mere 1.9 lbs, you can take ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA with you anywhere. And its amazing battery life of up to 9 hours* allows you to enjoy Chromebook Flip C101PA all day.
*Battery life may vary depending on usage type and environmental conditions. Actual battery life may be significantly less than benchmark testing. Battery life decreases over time.
The 10.1-inch WXGA (1280 x 800)IPS display with wide viewing angle and multi-touch capability will enhance your Chrome OS experience, in whatever mode you choose. We have carefully engineered the display to ensure that it is more accurate and responsive than conventional touchscreens. Whether you are playing games or using productivity apps from the Google Play Store the C101PA delivers a great seamless experience that is second to none.
All Metal Body
The ASUS Chromebook Flip was designed aesthetically to turn heads and functionally to withstand your active lifestyle. Featuring a seamless aluminum chassis, it is stronger, more durable and sleeker than the average plastic chassis Chromebook.
Stay Connected with Ports
ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA features one traditional USB Type A port and two brilliantly simple USB-C ports which supports charging, video output, and lightning-fast data transfer of up to 5Gbps, with complete backward USB compatibility. Its microSD card slot allows you to conveniently and quickly upload photos, videos and other files.
Enhanced performance with OP1 Rockchip RK3399
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C101PA is powered by the new Rockchip RK3399 processor. it integrates dual-core Cortex-A72 and quad-core Cortex-A53 with separate NEON coprocessor.It also integrates Mali T860 MP4 GPU.This delivers a significant leap in processing power compared to its predecessors, giving you all the performance you need for any application (2.1x fluency and 1.4x CPU performance compared to previous model). The Rockchip RK3399 powered C101PA allows Android apps to run natively, achieve fast connectivity, long battery life and overall high performance. RK3399 is designed to provide a brand new experience for Chromebook.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. Out of the box you need to manually go to system settings and trigger an update in order to get Android app support
2. You can only load apps purchased via Google Play for your currently signed in Google account. For example, if you bought XCom using your personal Google account, and Grand Theft Auto using your work account, you can only install and play XCom when signed into the Chromebook on your personal account, and you can only install/ play GTA when logged into your business account. This is different from a phone where you can access multiple accounts from within the Play store and have apps from multiple accounts coexisting
3. That said, for apps like Gmail that allow you to use multiple Google accounts within the app, that seems to work fine
4. While the Chromebook allows multiple account sign in, Android apps only work for one profile at a time. Using the above example, if I'm playing XCom while logged into my personal account, I have to sign out/ reboot the device before I can open up GTA on my business account
4b. Related to this, it's a bummer to have to install key apps like Docs, Sheets, etc. separately on each profile. With 16gb total storage, every byte counts! (Why install the Google Android apps vs. using the web interface? Way better offline support, that's why)
5. All of the ports are on the right side of the device, which is opposite to convention (my main machine is a MacBook pro and most of the commonly used ports are on the left)
6. As of this writing, Android apps have no ability to access the MicroSD slot for any reason (data storage or app installs.) This is a problem because I'm already down to about 1gb free on my internal storage after having loaded up a few favored Android apps and games
7. Little known fact: Microsoft Office apps for Android can only be installed on devices 10" and smaller, making this the only Chromebook that can use MS Office Android apps
- For general browsing, it's way faster than I expected
- Performance in Android apps feels on par with my 1st gen Google Pixel, which is high praise
- Wifi reception isn't as strong as my (5x more expensive) MacBook Pro, and network doesn't switch automatically when I move between floors in my home where there are different access points
- Is it wrong that I prefer typing on this keyboard to my MacBook Pro?
This is an impressive little Chromebook - the new Rockchip processor inside of it performs quite well - both for web browsing but also for running Android apps. In fact the performance out of this is every bit as good as some Intel based Windows laptops I've reviewed recently at around the same price point.
Most of the Android games and apps we threw at the Flip were compatible, although some exhibited some odd behaviors with window sizes. It was even able to run some game emulators (often a very demanding task) and my game controller also worked.
All in this is a nice compact device that offers the best of both worlds - a thin and light laptop running ChromeOS along with compatibility with many Android mobile apps.
Why only four stars? Mine is often putting itself to sleep when I flip it around into tablet mode. I'm concerned that others may experience this as well.
**UPDATE** I downgraded this review to one star because of the manufacturing defect I and many others are having related to the computer putting itself to sleep when it flips around. I sent the unit off to Asus for repair.
UPDATE: I contacted ASUS report and was asked to send it into their warranty repair center. I'll keep you all updated on progress.
UPDATE 2 - Asus emailed me to say that they instructed me to ship the computer to the wrong repair center. It was reshipped to a different place. No word on a replacement or repair yet.
UPDATE 3 - After nearly a month of waiting Asus ended up just sending me a new unit. That one is now working properly. If your device does put itself to sleep when flipping into tablet mode return it or contact Asus immediately for a replacement.
My C1010PA-DB02 was shipped and arrived in two days. I unboxed it. read the quick start manual. It states pretty clearly to not operate the device on battery power until it's charged for 3 hours. So i plugged in the power adapter and opened the screen. According to the quick start guide opening the screen would turn the chromebook on. Mine did not. I looked for the power button. Found it next to the a white LED light with the "lightbulb" icon. The white LED was lit steady and stayed that way. The charge indicator was blinking orange indicating it was charging. I clicked the power button. No joy. I click the power button again. No joy. Opened and closed the screen multiple times. No joy. The LED indicator lights remained the way they were. Using my phone i downloaded the full manual for the chromebook on Asus's website. It said to hold the power button down for 4 seconds. No change. So i tried many durations of holding down the button. No joy. Let it sit for 2 hours and i noticed it was hot and the LED indicators were still on but this time the charge indicator was solid... so i unplugged it and left it there overnight and all day during work. Got home from work and the power indicator light was off. My guess is the battery drained entirely. Plugged the power cable in, waited 30 seconds and then opened the screen. IT WORKED! well not quite.... it loaded to a WHITE screen that said "CHROME OS IS MISSING OR DAMAGED" and said to visit a specific url to start the recovery process. If you want to see what this screen looks like simply image search for "chrome os is missing or damaged". I followed the directions there carefully and successfully recovered the Chrome OS. Now the chromebook is working like it should have out of the box. Looking forward to configuring it tomorrow. Assume that everything is great if I don't update this review again.