- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology: insert info here
- Fluid Ride Midsole: Fluid Ride provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Fluid Fit Upper: ASICS Fluid Fit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System Technology: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is my third purchase of the Kayano line, the last being the model 22. These Kayano 24's or clearly a step up, even though I really liked the "22". The side and heel support remained excellent, but in my opinion the overall toe area support is much improved with the 24. Not only in the ball of the toe area, but also there is a bit more width to the toe area, which makes it much more comfortable for me with a medium width foot. Also, the shoes are just better constructed overall. They are still light weight, but don't feel flimsy. It just seems that Asics finally got all elements important to running shoe comfort perfectly executed with this model. From the first time I ran with the shoe there was no break-in and the comfort level was apparent. I've worn the shoe now every day on my 3 mile runs and feel very comfortable recommending this shoe.
The only complaint, and this hold true for ALL exercise shoes, is the junk insert/insoles that come with the shoe. It pains me to pay $160 for a shoe and then have to immediately replace the insert with something that should have come with the shoe to begin with. But that's apparently the rule all manufacturers follow.
Finally, this is a really good looking shoe, which isn't vital to an exercise shoe, but is a nice plus since you can also wear casually with jeans, etc. to kick around in. I got the ink blue model, and cannot believe how good it looks. I may get another pair just to wear casually.
But the colour! OMG, the colour!! The Amazon photo of these blue ones with the orange laces LOOKS like they'll be a deep, ocean blue, like there was in series 23, but no... these are a flat, neon blue with neon orange laces. They look like 1984 vomited on your feet. So so so ugly. Upshot is that they get 5+ stars for comfort and functionality, minus a star because the colour is horrendous and the photo is misleading.