A good narrative but not a huge amount of actionable takeaways. Of course mediation is highly personal journey and the one taken by the author is authentically presented. It is testament to the author that he was prepared to share many intimate and raw experiences in his journey. That should be cause for many to consider the application of meditation for themselves.
However, this book is more a diary that a set of actionable steps to be followed. There is plenty of good advice but is spread between plenty of human experiences which everyone may not be looking for. The book is well written and flows well but to my mind, in places deviates from the core message. However, sharing the human experience is something that take courage and is not always easy to do.
If you treat this as a case of 'what happens' rather than 'how to' you'll certainly enjoy it.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 50 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 14 December 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B077TZ968N
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 638 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)